In a season of transition,
I know the response of my flesh is panic, clinging to what is familiar with my fingernails.
I get angry
and lash out
and feel the tears rising--
which is why this response shouldn't surprise me in my teen.
It came to me yesterday in a moment of conflict that I need this infusion of gratitude
because I need to model something different
than what I have taught in my weakness.
I want my children to respond in thanks to the myriad of graces.
So must I.
51. Saturday sunrises
52. a true cold snap
53. air in my lungs as I walk
55. sapphire sky
56. orange leaves and light reflected on water
57. a good word from the Word
58. our house
59. early oranges
60. gluten-free pumpkin-chocolate-chip muffins that make me happy
61. a whole Saturday at home
62. a productive day at home
64. a mustard yellow scarf
65. going to work
66. a good, free, online commentary of the Bible
67. knowing He fills my hunger