Monday, June 17, 2013

Hello Monday: Of Birthdays, Beaches, and Brownie Batter Pancakes

Hi, Y'all.
Didn't intend to disappear for the week; in fact, I find myself with so many potential blog posts that I might have to make myself a list so I remember them all.
Gasp.
We slipped away to the shore for a few days and discovered there was no wi-fi.
Double-gasp.
It was, as DD#1 declared, probably a conspiracy to enhance family bonding.
Undoubtedly.
We had lots of family bonding and lots of sitting around doing nothing.  
I realized sometime Friday that, other than Bible study (which was definitely thought-provoking), I'd not thought about anything important (truthfully, not anything at all) for three days.  
Quite lovely.

So now it's back to real life and lots of things to think about, not the least of which is that today is DD#2's birthday.  
I now have two in high school.
In other news, I got my hair colored for the first time two weeks ago.  
It's possible those events are related.

Now that's she's 14, she wants things low-key.  Time with a friend later this week, but today, a favorite meal and 
brownie batter pancakes for breakfast.
(Chocolate for breakfast.  That's my girl.)

brownie batter pancakes 1
via Chocolate Covered Katie











These are the moderately healthy pancakes floating around Pinterest for a while.  I'll let you know if  they're as good as they look.

Be blessed,
Ginger

2 comments:

  1. We all want to see your hair! (of course I am speaking on behalf of everyone in the whole wide world of bloggers)

    ReplyDelete