Friday, December 28, 2012

Best of 2012

Hello, all!
 I hope your Christmas was lovely!
Ours was wonderful, in spite of a girl under the weather.  
Now I'm itching to undecorate (girls generally veto this if I go all out) and clean. Today started The Great Master Bedroom Clean-Out.  Still more to come tomorrow!

In honor of the passing year, I'm swiping an idea from over at incourage and making a list of my favs from 2012.  Will you join me?
Best Song: It's nearly impossible for me to pick one, but Hillsong's Cornerstone CD stayed on repeat for a loonnnggg time.
Best Book: Bibliophiles need sub-categories!
Best Christian non-fiction--How To Worship a King by Zach Neese and Mercy Triumphs by Beth Moore
Best general non-fiction--Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand (It wasn't written in 2012, but I read it this year, so it counts! :))
Best fiction--The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley  
Best Jeans--a totally fun pair of green skinnies from NY and Co. The fact they were 75% off made me brave enough to try them on. Score!
Best Recipe:Another nearly impossible category, but these Gingerbread Scones were definitely a hit.  The winner, though, might be my Easy-Peasy Orange Marmalade, which warrants its very own post.
Best New Habit: Menu Planning.  I've actually done it most weeks, and I'm always glad I did.  That, in turn, makes my picture-frame-turned-menu-board my favorite project of the year.
Best Blog Post: The most viewed post of the year was the one where I kiss and make up with Walmart (at least temporarily), but the posts I love most are this one and this one, both about God's faithfulness in 2012.
Which brings me to the Bible verse that Defined the Year: Galatians 2:20 sang over my heart many-a-day in 2012.
 DSC_1803
      What's on your favorites list for 2012?
Be blessed,
Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment