Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Someone Should Try This

Recently I discovered Hobby Farm Home magazine.

Have you all been reading it for years now and failed to mention it to me?

Homey and practical, it gives this displaced farm girl a chance to reminisce.

In the Sept/Oct issue, there’s a recipe that would definitely have never made it onto my mother’s table, but it sounds deliciously intriguing.

(Some of you are thinking that food should never be intriguing, even deliciously so.  Stay with me here.)

DSC03361

Now that local apple house brim with first fruits, this unique dish will make its appearance on my table this weekend.  It has all sorts of yummy things I love but have never put together.

Try it first and let me know how it goes. ;-)

Bistro Apple Pizza

1 12 inch prepared pizza crust

2 tsp. garlic, minced

2 T olive oil

2 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach

1 1/2 cups cored, peeled, and thinly sliced apple

1 cup mozzarella cheese

1 cup blue, Gorgonzola, or feta cheese

1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

1 tsp dried oregano

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.  Sauté garlic in olive oil over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.  Remove from heat.

Brush olive oil blend onto pizza crust.  Distribute spinach evenly over crust.  Sprinkle apples on top.  Blend cheeses and distribute evenly over apples.  Sprinkle with oregano.  Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cheese bubbles.  Makes 8 slices.

See, I told you it was intriguing.

Be blessed today!

Ginger

 

3 comments:

  1. I don't know Ginger... sounds a little strange to me :). You'll definitely have to let us know how it tastes because I can't wrap my mind around it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to hearing how it turned out.

    My family and I just picked 60lbs of apples, so we would certainly be able to make this. Instead, we are making jar after jar of apple butter.

    I have read Hobby Farm magazine. I like it a lot. I call our little place a hobby farm. We have five acres with chickens, a garden and an up and coming little orchard. Oh, yeah and a cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We made homemade pizza today with fresh marinara sauce. I've been in the pizza mood! I like all the ingredients listed, just have never put them together. Trying new recipes is always fun though! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete