Tuesday, February 11, 2014

When Winter Makes You Weary

It's a white world out my window.
If forecasts are to be trusted, we might as well get comfortable, for we are about to be officially snowed in.

While part of me loves a good snow day (or two), worries over losing power and worries over losing test prep time at school tend to spoil the fun for grown-ups.
The truth is this: February and March are hard for me, bad weather aside.
I'm weary, the kids are grumpy, the assignments are backing up, and the pressure to get through it all is mounting.
Last week, the coach (facing his own issues with weather and work) and the students who live here claimed the computer. 
 I confess I was secretly glad because discouragement had swept in like a polar vortex, and I simply had nothing of worth to say.
Psalm 40:16-17
 But may all who seek you
    rejoice and be glad in you;
may those who love your salvation
    say continually, “Great is the Lord!”
 I am oppressed and needy!
May the Lord pay attention to me!
You are my helper and my deliverer!
O my God, do not delay!
Today, with a prayer to bless the Lord, to focus on truth, to call the seclusion and silence of this snow rest, I am counting gifts.
183. Spending last weekend with my mom.
184. Being in the car with teens--and enjoying it!
185. Power still on!
186. Laughing with my witty children.
187. Salted caramel brownies. Oh, my.
Salted Caramel Skillet Brownies
source
188. Marshmallow cocoa.
189. Big, fat snowflakes.
191. Better library books after a few weeks of duds
192.It doesn't matter how I ask the question; Jesus is still the Answer.
193.The Living Water is deeper than the well.
194.Grace...instead of grace.
Following,
Ginger
Linking up at Multitude Monday...even though it's Tuesday


No comments:

Post a Comment