Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Confirmation

Prologue to a post: I love it when God plants a thought in my head and then confirms it in my heart.   This post was in my head yesterday, and a trip to Elizabeth’s blog tonight confirmed it.  Obviously, it is for one of you.

This summer, we studied Jesus the One and Only.  I love this study; it’s always been one of my favorite Beth Moore studies since I first did it years ago.

My favorite lesson is in Luke 7:11-17, when Jesus raises the widow’s son from the dead.  I love it because, as we learned in the study, Jesus raised the boy because He could, not because the woman asked.  He just wanted to.

He could fix it, so He did.

I never knew why God pierced my heart with that story back then. 

Now I do.

I love it that my Savior’s heart is to fix it, whatever it is.  I love that, because I know He would remove the pain if there were no kingdom purpose for it.

Somehow there is greater glory for Him—and greater good for me or those I love-- on the other side of the trial.

I KNOW that, because I KNOW His heart is to FIX it. 

“When the Lord saw her, His heart went out to her, and He said, ‘Don’t cry.’”

Right now, I have a few things that I wish would just go away, that I wish were fixed. 

I am weary of tears.

I am weary of asking God just to fix the problem.

He isn’t, and I already know why. 

Pain teaches.

Some lessons require field trips.

Yet, His heart is going out to me, to those I love.

Maybe one day, He’ll explain it.  Maybe one day, it will all be clear. 

Today, I trust my Savior’s heart.

Be blessed,

Ginger

2 comments:

  1. Blessings to you, friend. His ways are not our ways and His thoughts not our thoughts, are they? Hold on tightly to Him. He will never fail you.

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started the Jonah study by Priscilla Shirer. She says (I'm paraphrasing here): insignificant things happening to insignificant people = interruption. Significant things happening to significant people = divine intervention. I'm praying for you as you go through this interruption and that one day you'll see WHY you had to go through it.

    ReplyDelete