Thursday, January 1, 2015

My Word for 2015

Ever got "taken to the woodshed"?
My parents used that expression when I needed an attitude adjustment--
also known as a good, old-fashioned spanking.
My word for 2015 is taking me to the woodshed again, in the most loving of ways.

When the Lord spoke forward into my heart a few weeks ago, I heard the firmness of it, the gentle yet definite push behind it.

Get moving, Ginger.  Go forward.

I love old things--
antiques, rusty, peeling-paint things,
 houses and objects that wear the patina of their age.
All those bumps and dings add character.
But then there comes a point where stuff just looks bad, 
when  treasure was really trash.

Somewhere along the way last year, 
I moved from treasuring memories to regurgitating trash.
Every regret or wish-I-had or why-couldn't-it-have-been threw me into a funk 
instead of taking me to the feet of Christ 
where all those memories belong.
Spurgeon found the answer:
"I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the Rock of Ages."
Hearts aren't made to wear rust.
New wine doesn't belong in old wineskins.  
The bottom line is that I am a failure at a lot of things.  
I have made mistakes that can't be fixed.  

Only Jesus is perfect.  
Only Jesus can redeem a life.


I kiss 2014 goodbye.  I cling to the Rock.  I go forward.

Following,
Ginger

 Linking up here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment