Before Christmas, I made a last-minute shopping run that took me by my favorite thrift store and my least favorite store in the whole wide universe--
At the evil store, I bought:
1. aluminum foil
2. ziploc bags
3. plastic wrap
4. a ham
5. four boxes of sparkly ornaments ($2 each)
6. A basically unattractive but more or less functional couch COVER for the basement sofa. (It was neater when company came.)
Total cost: $ 120
At the thrift store, I bought:
1. Ann Taylor loft belted sweater (which doesn’t, in real life, look like something from Obi-wan Kenobi’s wardrobe from Star Wars; it’s actually quite cute with fun sleeves!): $ 6
2. Two summer skirts; the blue and white one is Eddie Bauer ($2 each):
3. A box of about 1000 paper clips: $1
4. T-shirts that eventually became scarves ($2 each)
5. A few little odds and ends (ornament hooks and such)
6. And. . .
Not just a chair COVER…an overstuffed, clean Broyhill chair-and-a half that currently resides in my basement but will soon be moving to its spot of honor in the living room.
And that, my friends, is why I love thrifting.
Shabby Nest I’m Loving it ~ Simply Sweet Home ~ Whipper Berry ~ Chic on a Shoestring decorating ~ Spunky Junky ~ Delicate Construction ~ Homemaker in Heels ~ Family Ever After~ French Country Cottage ~ Common Ground ~ Young And Crafty ~ At the Picket Fence ~ Fingerprints on the Fridge ~ Miss Mustard Seed ~ Addicted to Decorating ~ Making Lemonade ~ I Can't Stop Crafting ~ Over the Big Moon ~ Shabby Art ~ Answer is Chocolate