Friday, October 7, 2011

5 Minute Friday: Ordinary

With apologies to VeggieTales, this is the part of the post where I tell you that I am participating in  Five Minute Fridays over at Gypsy Mama.  Today’s topic: Ordinary.

Go.

What is it about “ordinary” that scares me?

I am even pondering how to make a post about ordinariness extraordinary,

how to wow you with wisdom and insight that will convince you to love your ordinary life,

celebrate your ordinary blessings,

revel in the revealed gifts of children, husband, laundry, work, food.

Ordinariness scares me because of good old-fashioned pride, most likely, but also because of something more latent within me.

My heart wonders, What if this is all I am?  A parent, a teacher, a homemaker,

a butcher, a baker, a candlestick maker.

In my ordinary day, I am offered a glimpse of that which is truly extraordinary.

A God Who loves me, makes me significant, if only by His willingness to touch my world.

Stop.

Didn’t really finish that, did I?

I won’t cheat; I’ll stop and wish you the best of ordinary weekends.

Be blessed,

Ginger

1 comment:

  1. I think a lot of us have felt this way. Of the entire piece, I just loved your roll into the old nursery rhyme: "My heart wonders, What if this is all I am? A parent, a teacher, a homemaker, a butcher, a baker, a candlestick maker." It brought an instantaneous smile. Thanks... Have a wonderful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete