Sunday, April 17, 2011

Scripture and a Snapshot: Time for a Change

For several months now, I’ve been wrestling with change.

Usually when people say that, they are thinking of changing circumstances—jobs, marriages, births.

This time, it’s heart-change.

I don’t know about you, but many times I find need for new perspective, new attitude, new thinking.

Most of the time, however, I can see the need for these things in other people.

Isn’t that the way it is?  I know you need to change, but I am reluctant to examine myself.

A while back, I knew the Lord gave me permission to ask Him for something HUGE,

something life-altering,

for someone else.

Wouldn’t you know it? 

He’s started the process by changing me.

I’m a slow learner; I have a feeling this is taking a long time because my perspective, my heart,

has been slow to alter course. 

His timing is perfect; His promise is sure.

When I took a picture the other day of our heart-shaped rock collection,

I saw the parallel with this verse.

Now that bowl of stones reminds me of the process for which I am praying

and believing.

To God be the glory.

Ginger

DSC_0680

Linked at Scripture and a Snapshot

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!! I love that the rock is shaped like a heart. It is a heart of stone! And that puts this verse into such a visual perspective for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this is just incredible. I want that change too.

    What a neat picture!

    Have a blessed Sunday♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, we are on the same journey. Is it as painful for you as it's been for me? I told God correct anything, change anything He needs to in me and since then, well, it's been a bit like I'm walking around raw. (Does that make sense?) Anyway, praying for great grace for you my friend!

    ReplyDelete