Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Taking a Walk

It's spring break here at the 'House, 
and all God's children said, "Amen!"
So even though the weather hasn't been particularly spring-like, 
this morning the sun was winning,
and the light and the green were calling,
and I took my walk in defiance of wind and pollen.
Want to come along?

I love this little stream that feeds the neighborhood pond.


Yellow dandelions polka-dot the road...


...while the dogwoods above are just beginning to bloom.


When I was a little girl, I picked these tiny violets by the handful, filling old vanilla bottles with their sweet, fragrant blossoms.


This calf never would come near enough for a clear close-up, but he posed nicely while I tried to figure out the zoom on my phone camera.


Another lap around and we'll have done two miles.  

Meanwhile,Big Red is braving the wind to plant phlox on our steep hillside.

I'm dashing off to the dentist (and tomorrow to another appointment, and the next day to another...poor planning on my part!)
Thanks for visiting!
Following,
Ginger

2 comments:

  1. Hi -- how was your spring break? Ours is this week - I am working but the kids are keeping busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that... "And all God's children said AMEN." That song plays in my head all the time. Beautiful pictures. Thanks for taking us along on your walk!

    ReplyDelete