Thursday, August 4, 2011

One-Legged Woman Does Crafts: Part 1

Because I

a) have been basically useless at my house for a month, and

b) am about to go back to school,

I decided it was high time for me to figure out how to get something done.

Projects are multiplying around here like rabbits, especially since we are in the midst of a basement renovation.

Anyway,  here's my small contribution to home improvement.

I found some frames at the thrift store:DSC_1131

I threw away the tacky seventies artwork, but two frames had these lovely old-fashioned botanical prints.  They got to stay.

DSC_1128

DSC_1129

Notice my high-tech tools for removing old nails from the backs of the frames.

DSC_1133

My trusty assistants set up this foot-friendly painting area in the shade.

DSC_1135

Where it was still 90 degrees.

The feet you see belong to this creature (Persie),

DSC_1136

and this one (Pepsi, World’s Homeliest Dog, who wouldn’t stand still for a picture).

DSC_1141

I have big plans for that table as well.  Tune in next week for the Big Reveal.

Some left-over paint,DSC_1145

some sanding action,

DSC_1146

and ta-da! new artwork!

DSC_1152

The last two frames became these ridiculously easy memo boards.

DSC_1163 

I cleaned off my crowded refrigerator and mounted them on front with magnets.

DSC_1161

DSC_1162

Big Red, hater of all clutter, wept with gratitude.

Not really, but close.

In the interest of full disclosure, I’ll admit that the pictures, grocery list, etc. are on the sides of the fridge now, but at least they’re neat.

One project down!

Be blessed!

Ginger

2 comments:

  1. Cuteness!!!! Love the projects....wish I had the crafty gene!!

    PS. I'm so excited that I can once again post on your blog!! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful projects! I like the easy memo board idea. [o= I need one of those, indeed.

    So nice to meet you.
    Blessings in Him<><
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete