Thursday, September 30, 2010

Mantel Mania

Delicious temperatures, the first of the changing leaves, and the date on the calendar all have me ready to “fallify” my house.

My mantel, so cool and restful in the heat of summer, now looks cold and forlorn.

DSC03373

Not to mention the plant is dead.

The lone sad pumpkin added by DD#1 last weekend needs friends.

Exploration of blogland has yielded some inspiration.

P9288623

Wire bird cage filled with old books.  Yum.  I love this simple, classy mantel from Oh Write.

IMG_6786

Over at my blessed life, the famous dollar store apothecary jars are filled with gourds and cinnamon sticks.  The background has old book pages and scrapbook paper accents.  Be still my heart.

IMG_3711_thumb[8]

Y’all know how I feel about color, but I LOVE the combination of textures on this monochromatic mantel from Tracy’s Trinkets and Treasures.  Thinking, thinking—the wheels are turning for making this work at my house.

DSC_0003tweeked.JPG_thumb3

Finally, my sweet bloggy friend Elizabeth  made this adorable burlap banner to accent her already gorgeous mantel.

I’m off to the basement for a shopping trip!

Be blessed!

Ginger

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you come up with. I know it will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...thanks so much for linking to my mantel here Ginger! Can't wait for your mantel pictures!
    Thanks so much for your encouraging words on my post "Made to Fly" also.
    Love you bunches my bloggy friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginger..thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting! I just became your newest follower..love your mantle..it poses alot of possibilities! Can't wait to see how you decorate it for fall! :-)

    ReplyDelete